Call for Proposals
Here at ScotlandJS we have one criteria for your talk/workshop submission(s): that it be on a subject that you are passionate about.
What you need to know:
- Talks will be 20 minutes long to give the event an energetic, fast paced feel.
- After your talk there will be a 20 minutes discussion held in the venue to allow a smaller group of attendees to dig deeper into your subject.
- After the conference (Saturday 4th June) we are looking for a day long workshop to help attendees achieve something hands-on.
- CFP closes on 12 February 2016 at 23:59 GMT.
- Our selection process is anonymised.
- The people voting are those that buy tickets prior to the CFP closing. It’s the audience that decide.
- All talks will be recorded and made available on our YouTube channel.
- All submissions and presentations must adhere to our Code of Conduct.
- Unfortunately we cannot cover expenses for all speakers. If you are from an underrepresented group and need financial assistance to speak we will provide up to £500 for travel and accommodation. Unfortunately we cannot provide this assistance for everyone and will be happy to put your companies logo in the supporters section of our website if selected.
This sounds great, I've got questions:In January we will host two public video chats where you can quiz previous speakers for tips or the organisers for info about the event. Keep an eye on the twitter account for info about this @ScotlandJS.
If you would prefer to email or chat one-to-one feel free to get in touch here.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Diversity CFP Workshops
Do you have a great idea for a 20 minute conference talk?
Are you from an underrepresented group?
Have you been wanting to submitting a proposal and always found a reason not to do it?
Help is at hand!
On Saturday 30th of January at 1pm ScotlandCSS and ScotlandJS are hosting a number of workshops to encourage you to take that next step in submitting a conference talk proposal.
During the workshop you will hear from experienced speakers who have been through similar CFP processes and people who have been part of review committees to find out what makes a great talk proposal.
With the support of mentors and fellow attendees, together, you will start putting together that first proposal.
There are only two things you need to bring with you: a laptop and enthusiasm!
What do you need to do next? Check you agree to our Code of Conduct then grab a ticket for an event near you.
Join Mark Smith and Ali King at:
15 Lauriston Place,
EH3 9ENReserve your Edinburgh Ticket.
Join Jen Thomson and Suzanne McCulley at:
2 West Regent St,
GlasgowReserve your Glasgow Ticket.
Join Kriszta Matyi at:
The British Library,
96 Euston Road,
NW1 2DBReserve your London Ticket.
Join Vicky Twomey-Lee at:
One Grand Parade,
Dublin 6Reserve your Dublin Ticket.
Join Robin Mehner at:
10999 BerlinReserve your Berlin Ticket.
Sheffield: Tuesday 2nd February at 6:30pm
Join Katie Fenn at:
Union St, co-working space,
18-20 Union Street,
S1 2JPReserve your Sheffield Ticket.